Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hellish Relish

This is the beginning of my next project for Senior Studio.



My school had Leo Espinosa in to speak about his work and the industry last week and I was lucky enough to be able to show him my portfolio afterward. He was really phenomenal and his work is awesome, the biggest thing I took away from his presentation and our chat is that characters, regardless of what they're for, need to be developed and actually be "characters".

Anyways, my friends were joking about pickeling stuff the other day when one of them said "Hellish Relish" and this image jumped into my skull. These aren't the only thumbnails, but I am digging the direction so far and really enjoy this character. Hopefully this will be a kick-ass relish label when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment